5 October 2015 -- Twelve-year-old Godfrey was lonely, angry and depressed when he was admitted to hospital with heart failure and tuberculosis. Godfrey had been living with HIV since birth. His parents died long ago. But at the Sunflower Children’s Hospice in South Africa, health and palliative care providers gave Godfrey received the support he needed to improve his quality of life and preserve his dignity up until his tragically early death.
Focus - Immunization, vaccines
- Guinea: Ebola vaccine trial
- Vaccinating and registering the children born during Ebola
- Liberia tackles measles as the Ebola epidemic comes to an end
- Lao People’s Democratic Republic: The beginning of the end of Japanese encephalitis
- Keeping Syrian children free from polio at home and across the border