- Update on the epidemiological situation from endemic countries
- To finalize the following draft documents:
- Criteria, strategies and procedures for the verification of interruption of transmission and certification of countries.
- Clinical and serological methods for assessing the impact of large-scale treatment with azithromycin.
- Programme managers’ guide for the eradication of yaws.
- To discuss the recommendations of the ITFDE and any other issues.
- To discuss the economic aspects of yaws eradication.
Consultative meeting on the eradication of yaws, 5–7 March 2012, Morges, Switzerland
The four objectives of the meeting were:
- To review the epidemiological situation on yaws in different regions and identify gaps.
- To analyse the implications of the Lancet publication on azithromycin in yaws eradication efforts.
- To develop criteria and process for yaws eradication, and outline implementation plans.
- To explore the collaboration of relevant NTDs programmes especially trachoma.
- To identify potential donors and partners to support yaws eradication.