The quality of drinking-water is a powerful environmental determinant of health. Assurance of drinking-water safety is a foundation for the prevention and control of waterborne diseases.
WHO Water Quality and Health Strategy 2013-2020
Consultation on the development of a strategy on water quality and health
- Pharmaceuticals in drinking-water
- WHO Guidelines for drinking-water quality
- Water Safety Plans (WSPs)
- WHO technical notes on drinking-water, sanitation and hygiene in emergencies
- Evaluating household water treatment options: Heath-based targets and microbiological performance specifications