Violence and Injury Prevention

Financial contributors to WHO's Department of Violence and Injury Prevention and Disability

The total biennial budget of the WHO Department of Violence and Injury Prevention and Disability for 2012/2013 approximated US$ 14.7 million, of which roughly 10% was allocated from WHO assessed contributions (mandatory contributions from Member States) and the remaining 90% was received from additional voluntary donations from governments, nongovernmental organizations and foundations.

The Department gratefully acknowledges the generous financial contributions received in the past two years from the following:

  • Bloomberg Philanthropies
  • California Wellness Foundation
  • Christoffel-Blindenmission
  • Deutsche Gesellschaft fur Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH
  • FIA Foundation for the Automobile and Society
  • Government of Australia
  • Government of Belgium
  • Government of the Netherlands
  • Government of Norway
  • Government of the United States of America
  • Johann Jacobs Foundation
  • Norwegian Association of the Disabled
  • UBS Optimus Foundation
  • Swiss Paraplegic Research
  • Word Federation of Occupational Therapists
Share