Research, evidence, and information are the foundation for sound health policies. WHO supports research for health within the following four goals.
- Capacity - build capacity to strengthen health research systems.
- Priorities - support the setting of research priorities that meet health needs particularly in low- and middle-income countries.
- Standards - develop an enabling environment for research through the creation of norms and standards for good research practice.
- Translation - ensure quality evidence is turned into affordable health technologies and evidence-informed policy.
WHO research groups
- International Clinical Trials Registry Platform
- Evidence-informed policy-making
- Health policy and health systems
- Human reproduction
- Influenza research
- International Agency for Research on Cancer (IARC)
- Kobe Centre
- Mental health
- Public health and innovation
- Tropical diseases
- Tuberculosis research
- Vaccine research