Mental health refers to a broad array of activities directly or indirectly related to the mental well-being component included in the WHO's definition of health: "A state of complete physical, mental and social well-being, and not merely the absence of disease". It is related to the promotion of well-being, the prevention of mental disorders, and the treatment and rehabilitation of people affected by mental disorders.
WHO programmes and activities
- Mental health in emergencies
- WHO Mental Health Gap Action Programme (mhGAP)
- Policy, planning and legislation
- Assessment management of conditions specifically related to stress
- Dementia: a public health priority
- WHO guidelines on mental health and substance abuse