Neglected tropical disease (NTD) research
Neglected tropical diseases (NTDs) are a range of diverse diseases that cause illness and hamper economic development in poor populations. Some NTDs can also be fatal. TDR is conducting research that supports the World Health Organization’s control strategy in some of these specific diseases.
- WHO estimates investments needed for neglected tropical diseases
- Bangladesh beats a deadly scourge
- Single dose treatment for visceral leishmaniasis can be effectively given in rural public hospitals
- Guidelines needed to predict, detect and manage dengue outbreaks
- New series on helminth infections R&D agenda
- Dengue control support through eco-bio-social approach