TDR helps low- and middle-income countries to strengthen their capacity to conduct research and use research evidence while setting policies and strategies.
Good science is the basis of good public health, but the challenge is to translate the best science into public policy.
- Strengthens capacity to conduct high quality interdisciplinary priority research needs
- Analyses gaps and needs for agenda setting in research and capacity building
- Facilitates translation of evidence into action
- Promotes leadership in health research
- Fosters harmonization and alignment of efforts for global health research and goals
- Engages with key stakeholders around research and capacity needs
Alumni profiles – remarkable achievements
- New study finds majority of TDR postgraduate grantees return home
- Eastern Mediterranean Regional Training Centre selected
- New networking opportunities being developed
- Former TDR Director Ade Lucas profiled in WHO Bulletin
- A career investigating malaria parasite drug resistance
- New research uptake network launched
- Evidence strength matters in WHO guideline recommendations