Asian Development Bank searches for health specialists
Poverty Reduction, Gender, and Social Development Div., RSDD, Regional and Sustainable Development Department
Closing Date: 20 December 2012 , 5:00 p.m. (1700 Manila Time, 0900 GMT)
ADB Regional Sustainable Development Departments is seeking a Health Specialist to:
- Promote the implementation of ADB’s health and social protection agenda;
- Provide support to operations departments in the formulation of health-related elements of country partnership strategies, and
- Identification, design, implementation and monitoring of health projects;
- Serve as ADB focal point on HIV/AIDS, and help operations departments to integrate health and safety considerations into projects (e.g., road safety) and to mitigate communicable disease impacts from ADB operations;
- Contribute to planning and coordination of sector policy work and knowledge products, and to the Health COP and its Secretariat;
- Ensure that ADB health activities are based on current evidence of impacts and effectiveness to the extent possible;
- Support ADB project officers and staff in contributing to the knowledge basis for health development;
- Work with broad policies and objectives, working directly with clients, with supervision for critical tasks.
- Preference for medical degree as well as project related experience. Early - mid-career post.
Application period closes 20 December 2012.