Grant Proposal call: Gates Foundation’s Grand Challenges in Global Health
29 OCTOBER 2012 - The Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation is currently inviting innovators to apply for two new Grand Challenges in Global Health grant opportunities:
1. Grand Challenges Explorations, an initiative to encourage innovative and unconventional global health and development solutions, is now accepting grant proposals for its latest application round. Applicants can be at any experience level; in any discipline; and from any organization, including colleges and universities, government laboratories, research institutions, non-profit organizations and for profit companies.
Deadline: Proposals are being accepted online until 7 November 2012 on the following topics:
- New Approaches in Model Systems, Diagnostics, and Drugs for Specific Neglected Tropical Diseases - new!
- Labor Saving Innovations for Women Smallholder Farmers - new!
- New Approaches for the Interrogation of Anti-malarial Compounds
- Aid is Working. Tell the World (Part 2)
Initial grants will be US $100,000 each, and projects showing promise will have the opportunity to receive additional funding of up to US $1 million.
2. TB Vaccine Accelerator: The Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation is now accepting letters of inquiry for a new grant program: TB Vaccine Accelerator, part of the Grand Challenges in Global Health initiative. This program seeks to develop models of natural Mycobacterium tuberculosis transmission, define key transmission properties, and develop novel approaches to vaccination that will protect against infection.
The deadline is 26 November 2012.