RESULTS holds International Conference in Washington
21-24 JULY 2012 | WASHINGTON, DC, USA — RESULTS is holding its annual international conference examining U.S. anti-poverty efforts at home and abroad during the 2012 AIDS Conference in hopes to create a unique moment: combining its advocacy model with the voices of thousands of others to create even greater momentum for the end of poverty and AIDS.
The 2012 RESULTS IC — sponsored by PMNCH members Save the Children, Johnson & Johnson, the UNF Shot at Life Initiative and the GAVI Alliance — is offering a special “advocacy boot camp” with sessions for experienced advocates looking to deepen their skills and training sessions for people completely new to advocacy.
2012 RESULTS IC speakers will include:
- Professor Jeffrey Sachs, one of the world's leading experts on economic development and the fight against poverty
- Dean Baker, Co-Director of the Center for Economic and Policy Research
- The Princess of Africa, globally-renowned singer and humanitarian Ms. Yvonne Chaka Chaka of South Africa
- Dr. Myron Cohen, who led the research team that announced last year that AIDS treatment is prevention
- Sen. Dick Durbin, Senior United States Senator from Illinois and the Senate Majority Whip
- Dr Mphu Ramatlapeng, Vice-Chair of Global Fund Board and former Minister of Health of Lesotho
- Marianne Williamson, Internationally Acclaimed Spiritual Author and Lecturer