My entity/organization/institution does not have or has had during the past four years any formal association, affiliation or link, with the tobacco or arms industry, or any subsidiary of a tobacco/arms company or commercial entity involved with the manufacture, sale, or distribution of tobacco/arms or tobacco related products.
Formal association, affiliation or link with the tobacco or arms industry may include, but is not limited to:
- Consultancies or contractual/commercial relationships involving business (e.g. licensing, joint venture or research and development agreements) or other interests, (e.g. advocacy or public relations);
- The possession of a financial stake, e.g. shareholdings or bonds;
- A proprietary interest in a substance, technology or process (e.g. ownership of patent);
- Any programmes, initiatives, research, or projects, either independent or jointly administered which have been directly or indirectly endorsed, funded either monetarily or otherwise, or promoted by the tobacco/arms industry, a subsidiary of a tobacco/arms company, or any commercial entity involved with manufacture, sale, or distribution of tobacco/arms or tobacco related products;
- Financial interests, controlling interests (i.e. senior-level individuals, including executive board members, with current or previous affiliations, financial or otherwise, with the tobacco/arms industry.