Organizations which apply for membership to become a PMNCH partner are expected to:
- Promote The Partnership for Maternal, Newborn & Child Health (PMNCH), and advocate for the life of every woman, newborn and child;
- Support the concept of continuum of care;
- Endorse the principles of engagement approved by The Partnership’s Board (see Annex II);
- Support the Partnership’s vision, mission and mandate as reflected in The Partnership’s core documents;
- Support the implementation of The Partnership Strategic Framework and contribute, through direct or indirect work, to one or more Strategic Objectives to implement activities and achieve results defined in the PMNCH Workplans;
- Actively initiate and participate in collaborative activities to achieve MDGs 4, 5 and 6 (regarding the integration of RMNCH and HIV); as well as other issues directly relevant to women’s and children’s health;
- Participate in PMNCH’s consultations and requests for information and feedback as required;
- Contribute resources to The Partnership's activities. Resources can include funding, technical expertise, staff time, assistance with media and networking, support for other partners’ attendance at forums and other PMNCH activities and events, etc. Contributions are subject to due diligence and conflict of interest reviews, as well as relevant principles as outlined in the Partnership’s core documents.
- Regularly share knowledge and contribute to PMNCH efforts to disseminate information through:
- The contribution of stories, activities, updates, best practices, reports, projects, events and news related to reproductive, maternal, newborn & child health or related fields;
- The contribution of resources for the RMNCH Knowldedge portal and website;
- Update the PMNCH Secretariat of any relevant changes in your organization’s focal points or contact details.