Become a member
The Partnership for Maternal, Newborn & Child Health (PMNCH, The Partnership) joins together the reproductive, maternal, newborn and child health (RMNCH) communities, encouraging unified and effective approaches to improve RMNCH in countries that promise greater progress than in the past. The Partnership has a broad membership in seven constituencies:
- Partner Country (countries)
- Donor/Foundation (foundations, bilateral agencies, donor governments, D&F)
- Multilateral Agency/International Organization (Multilaterals)
- Non-governmental Organizations (NGOs)
- Academic, Research and/or Training Institution (ART)
- Healthcare Professional Association (HCPA)
- Private Sector (PS) following the decision by the Board in June 2011
Membership to PMNCH requires a commitment to reproductive, maternal, newborn, and/or child health, in accordance with The Partnership's guiding principles, vision and mission as described in the 2012-2015 PMNCH Strategic Framework as well as related internationally-agreed frameworks, including the International Conference on Population and Development (ICPD, September 1994, Cairo, Egypt); the Fourth World Conference on Women (FWCW, September 1995, Beijing, China) and the UN Millennium Declaration and Millennium Development Goals (MDGs), adopted by the UN General Assembly in September 2000.
Before completing the form, applicants should review the following information regarding member criteria, responsibilities and benefits, and agree to the PMNCH operating principles as well as The Partnership’s mandate in relation to the continuum of care and the work encompassing aspects of reproductive, maternal, newborn and child health.
Please note that individuals cannot apply for PMNCH membership.
In this web section, please find full details of PMNCH membership which we ask you to read before filling out the application form.
PMNCH vision and mission
The achievement of the MDGs, with women and children enabled to realize their right to the highest attainable standard of health in the years to 2015 and beyond.
Supporting Partners to align their strategic directions and catalyse collective action to achieve universal access to comprehensive, high quality reproductive, maternal, newborn and child healthcare.
My entity/organization/institution does not have or has had during the past four years any formal association, affiliation or link, with the tobacco or arndustry, or any subsidiary of a tobacco/arms company or commercial entity involved with the manufacture, sale, or distribution of tobacco/arms or tobacco related products.
Formal association, affiliation or link with the tobacco or arms industry may include, but is not limited to:
- Consultancies or contractual/commercial relationships involving business (e.g. licensing, joint venture or research and development agreements) or other interests, (e.g. advocacy or public relations);
- The possession of a financial stake, e.g. shareholdings or bonds;
- A proprietary interest in a substance, technology or process (e.g. ownership of patent);
- Any programmes, initiatives, research, or projects, either independent or jointly administered which have been directly or indirectly endorsed, funded either monetarily or otherwise, or promoted by the tobacco/arms industry, a subsidiary of a tobacco/arms company, or any commercial entity involved with manufacture, sale, or distribution of tobacco/arms or tobacco related products;
- Financial interests, controlling interests (i.e. senior-level individuals, including executive board members, with current or previous affiliations, financial or otherwise, with the tobacco/arms industry.
The Partnership for Maternal, Newborn & Child Health reviews all applications received. PMNCH reserves the right at all times to reject applications or terminate membership arrangements that do not meet the criteria, breach the principles established or otherwise conflict with the policies of PMNCH and its hosting organization, The World Health Organization (WHO).
Prior to completing the application form, please confirm that you have read, and agree with:
- The mission and vision of The Partnership
- PMNCH 2012-2015 Strategic Framework
- Membership criteria
- Membership responsibilities
- Membership benefits
- Annex I - PMNCH's operational principles
- Annex II - The Partnership principles for engagement
- Conflict of interest and (Expanded) Finance Committee
- Links and acronyms
Yes, we have linked to, read and agree with the above Membership details.