Consensus meeting: PMNCH Interventions Review Group
7-8 APRIL 2010
(PRIORITY ACTION 2)
A meeting was held in Geneva in April with some two dozen global maternal, newborn and child health (MNCH) experts with the aim of reaching consensus on the core set of MNCH interventions identified and gaps to be filled on how to scale up. Key objectives of the meeting:
- To present the process and work conducted to date on evidence for MNCH interventions;
- To identify and prioritize research gaps for the commission of systematic reviews;
- To agree on evidence reviews will be needed on implementation strategies.
During the meeting, the group discussed:
- the classification of the level of evidence of interventions;
- a new table format that was suggested and presented by Prof P Garner; and
- the need for a clearer definition of the levels of delivery care.
Below, find the Agenda, List of Participants and Summary Report of the discussions and decision.