The Executive Committee (EC) is a permanent committee of the Board. The main responsibility of this Committee is to manage Board business between Board meetings, and to provide guidance and decisions on operational issues. The EC does not take decisions on operational issues where there are expected to be controversies or differences of view without wider consultation with Board Members. The EC refers to the full Board for decisions on governance issues and other issues, which are likely to be of considerable significance to the Partnership. Also, delegation of Board functions to the EC will be subject to relevant WHO regulations and guidelines, unless specific provisions are made in the Memorandum of Understanding.
Apart from the WHO EC member who represents the hosting organization and thus has a permanent seat, the other EC members are the Chairpersons of their respective constituencies and they represent their constituencies during the EC meetings. It is the role of EC members to ensure that inputs from constituencies members reach the EC and have a role in the PMNCH governance processes.
The members of the EC include:
- Chandra Kishore Mishra, Government of India
- Dr Peter Kazembe, Executive Director, Baylor College of Medicine Children's Foundation Malawi
- Dr Núria Casamitjana Badia, Director of Training and Education, Barcelona Institute for Global Health (ISGlobal)
- John Borrazzo, Chief of the Maternal and Child Health Division, Bureau for Global Health, USAID
- C. N. Purandare, President Elect FIGO and Dean Indian College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists, Purandare Hospital
- Dr Stefan Germann, Director for Partnerships, Innovation & Accountability, World Vision International
- Betsy McCallon, Executive Director, White Ribbon Alliance for Safe Motherhood, U.S.A.
- Timothy G Evans, Senior Director, Health, Nutrition and Population Global Practice, World Bank (Permanent seat)
- World Health Organization, ex-officio: Dr Flavia Bustreo, Assistant Director-General, Family, Women’s and Children’s Health, WHO
The Meetings and documents section, under Governance, contains the PMNCH Governance Calendar and all notes for the record, and accompanying documents for PMNCH governance events, including the EC meetings.