The Board has a Chair and two Co-Chairs who act in support of, and in the absence of, the Chair. As far as possible, the Chair and Co-Chairs reflect a balance between reproductive, maternal, newborn and child health interests and different constituencies and geographical areas.
The schedule for all meetings and accompanying documents and Notes for the Record can be found on the left.
Board responsibilities and manual
PMNCH Board responsibilities and those of its accompanying Committees are described in the PMNCH Board Manual, available on the right. The responsibilities include:
- Endorse the Partnership's mandate and institutional framework;
- Set policy, establish goals, priorities and strategies for the Partnership in line with internationally-agreed frameworks;
- Approve the Partnership's work plan and budget and monitors progress in their implementation;
- Mobilize adequate funds for the effective operation of the Partnership and its strategic framework;
- Support the PMNCH strategic priorities, i.e., political advocacy for RMNC health, harmonization and accountability;
- Establish committees of the Board and time-limited task forces and approve their terms of reference;
- Represent the Partnership to donors, countries, institutions and other appropriate fora;
- Approve Partnership publications;
- Present a consensus recommendation to the hosting agency concerning the appointment of the Executive Director of the Partnership Secretariat, as per due process described in the host-agency Memorandum of Understanding;
- Assume management responsibility for the Secretariat through the Executive Director and monitor his/her performance through regular reports and budget statements.
Size and composition
The Board consists of 30 members selected from amongst the Partnership’s membership. Board Members represent ten constituencies, and one individual seat for UNSG-EWEC.
Seats on the Board are allocated to representatives as follows:
- Academic, research & training institutes (three); ART
- Adolescents & Youth (two); AY
- Donor and foundations, (five); D&F
- Global Financing Mechanisms (one); GFM
- Healthcare professional associations (three); HCPA
- Inter-Governmental Organizations (one); IGO
- Non-governmental Organizations (four); NGO
- Partner Governments (four); PG
- Private Sector (two); PS
- UN Agencies: UNICEF, UNFPA, WHO and the World Bank (four); UNA
- Executive Office of Secretary General – Every Women Every Child (one); EOSG-EWEC