Current activities related to financing fall under the purview of the Consultative Expert Working Group on Research and Development: Financing and Coordination (CEWG). WHO Member States have requested the establishment of this working group in response to a concern that insufficient resources were being devoted globally to research and development (R&D) to address treatments for diseases that principally affect developing countries.
The CEWG is mandated to examine R&D financing and coordination proposals for diseases that principally affect developing countries.
- Survey: Global Strategy on Public Health, Innovation and Intellectual Property
Open-ended Meeting of WHO Member States
- Request for Proposals: Clinical Research Organization (CRO) to support Influenza Vaccine Clinical Trials in Serbia
Submission of an assessment report on the feasibility for establishing a pharmaceutical market data monitoring system in Ethiopia
WHO promotes, values and encourages health innovation
- Launch of Ethiopia’s National Strategy and Plan of Action for Pharmaceutical Manufacturing
- WHO publishes analysis of patent situation of new hepatitis treatments
- Follow-up of the report of the Consultative Expert Working Group on Research and Development:
ContactsPublic health, innovation, intellectual property and trade