A new resource page has been published on Introducing a vaccine - Policy and Programmatic Considerations. This page brings together resources to provide decision makers with information on policy and programmatic aspects of introducing a new vaccine. To access it please click on the following link.
The New Vaccine Post-Introduction Evaluation (PIE) Tool is now available online for more information please visit the following link.
New WHO pre-qualified vaccines
The following vaccines have recently been pre-qualified by WHO:
- DTwP-HepB-Hib (fully liquid) - Serum Institute of India (October 2010)
- Measles vaccine - by Government Pharmaceutical Organization Merieux Biological Products Company Limited (GPO-MBP) Thailand (Sept 2010)
- Prevenar13 - Wyeth USA (August 2010)
- Seasonal Influenza vaccine (GC Flu) Northern Hemisphere (single dose), produced by Green Cross Inc, Rep. Korea (April 2011)
- Polio Sabin Mono Two (oral) monovalent OPV Type 2 vaccine (mOPV2) produced by GSK, Belgium (11 May 2011)