Updates to the WHO e-Library of Evidence for Nutrition Actions (eLENA)
The WHO electronic Library of Evidence for Nutrition Actions (eLENA) has recently been updated to include the following new nutrition intervention topics:
- Intermittent iron and folic acid supplementation in non-anaemic pregnant women
- Iron or iron/folic acid supplementation to prevent anaemia in postpartum women
- Iron supplementation for children in malaria-endemic regions
- Nutrition counselling for adolescents and adults with HIV/AIDS
- Periconceptional supplementation with folate with or without multivitamins to prevent neural tube defects
- Vitamin A fortification of staple foods
With the recent release of the Arabic and Chinese versions of the eLENA web site, eLENA is now available in all six official WHO languages.
Please continue to visit the eLENA web site for additional updates. Several new interventions as well as the forthcoming and much anticipated new guidelines on severe acute malnutrition in children will be added to eLENA in the coming months.