Update to eLENA
The WHO electronic Library of Evidence for Nutrition Actions (eLENA) has recently been updated to include the following nutrition intervention topics:
- Conditional cash transfer programmes and nutritional status
- Cup-feeding for low-birth-weight infants
- Daily iron and folic acid supplementation during pregnancy
- Demand feeding for low-birth-weight infants
- Donor human milk for low-birth-weight infants
- Standard formula for low-birth-weight infants following hospital discharge
- Vitamin A supplementation in HIV-infected infants and children 6–59 months of age
Work on expanding eLENA’s coverage to nutrition interventions targeting obesity and diet-related noncommunicable diseases (NCDs) is well underway. A number of promising interventions have been identified for addressing these growing public health problems and the first of these interventions should appear on the eLENA web site this summer.
Please continue to visit the eLENA web site for additional updates.