How to strengthen national capacity
- Assess their capacity development needs, respond to those needs and evaluate the effectiveness of their efforts.
- Based on surveys conducted in 2000 and 2010 on the national capacities to prevent and control NCDs, WHO has identified key challenges which fall into seven broad categories.
Policy implementation steps
Conduct capacity development assessments focused on:
- Health systems infrastructure
- Policies, plans and strategies
- Primary health care
- Partnerships and multisectoral collaboration
- Training and communication