How to advance multisectoral action
- Engage the heath sector systematically across government and with other sectors to address the health dimensions of their activities.
- Establish institutionalized processes which value cross-sector problem solving and address power imbalances.
- This includes providing the leadership mandate, incentives, budgetary commitment and sustainable mechanisms that support the health sector to work collaboratively on solutions to prevent and control NCDs.
Policy implementation steps
- Develop national multisectoral plans
- Establish an effective multisectoral coordination mechanisms
- Establish cross-cluster action teams, in particular with Ministries of Agriculture, Education, Finance, Planning, Social Affairs and Welfare, Trade, and Transport
- Engage with the private sector not affiliated with the tobacco industry, and partner with civil society