How to set targets and measure results
- Monitor NCDs and their risk factors.
- Strengthen national information systems by implementing a surveillance framework that monitors key risk factors, morbidity and mortality and health-system capacity for NCDs.
- Set standardized national targets and indicators, consistent with internationally agreed monitoring mechanisms.
Policy implementation steps
- Monitor outcomes (morbidity and mortality)
- Monitor exposures (risk factors)
- Monitor health system capacity and response (interventions)