Reducing risk factors: Physical inactivity
NCD action plan
The "Global NCD action plan" provides a road map and a menu of policy options for countries to take in order to attain the 9 voluntary global targets, including that of a 25% relative reduction in premature mortality from cardiovascular diseases, cancer, diabetes or chronic respiratory diseases by 2025.
The main focus of this action plan is on 4 types of NCDs (cardiovascular diseases, cancer, chronic respiratory diseases, diabetes) which make the largest contribution to morbidity and mortality due to NCDs, and on 4 shared behavioural risk factors (tobacco use, unhealthy diet, physical inactivity, harmful use of alcohol).
- Global report on diabetes (2016)
Global recommendations on physical activity for health
School policy framework
Guide for population-based approaches to increasing levels of physical activity
Global tool on body mass index
WHO global infobase: data for saving lives
Prioritizing areas for action in the field of population-based prevention of childhood obesity
Noncommunicable diseases country profiles 2011
Global status report on noncommunicable diseases 2010
- Interventions on diet and physical activity: what works: summary report, 2009.
- Preventing noncommunicable diseases in the workplace through diet and physical activity. WHO/World Economic Forum report of a joint event, 2008.
- Population-based prevention strategies for childhood obesity: report of a WHO forum and technical meeting, Geneva, 15–17 December 2009. Geneva, World Health Organization, 2010
- Population-based approaches to childhood obesity prevention, 2012.
- WHO Set of recommendations on the marketing of foods and non-alcoholic beverages to children
- WHO Global Strategy on Diet, Physical Activity and Health
- Report of the Commission on Ending Childhood Obesity