Objective 3: Reduce risk factors
Objective 3 - To reduce modifiable risk factors for NCDs and underlying social determinants through creation of health-promoting environments
Global recommendations on physical activity for health
WHO report on the global tobacco epidemic 2013
MPOWER: monitor tobacco use and prevention policies
Nutrition-friendly schools initiative (NFSI)
School policy framework on the implementation of the Global Strategy on Diet, Physical Activity and Health
Nutrient profiling: report of a technical meeting
Protect people from tobacco smoke: smoke-free environments
Warn about the dangers of tobacco: packaging and labelling of tobacco products
Tobacco advertising, promotion and sponsorship: enforcing comprehensive bans
A framework for implementing the set of recommendations on the marketing of foods and non-alcoholic beverages to children
Prioritizing areas for action in the field of population-based prevention of childhood obesity
Population-based approaches to childhood obesity prevention
Global targets 2025: To improve maternal, infant and young child nutrition
Global database on the Implementation of Nutrition Action
- A guide for population-based approaches to increasing levels of physical activity: implementation of the WHO global strategy on diet, physical activity and health. Geneva, World Health Organization, 2007.
- Interventions on diet and physical activity: what works: summary report, 2009
- Preventing noncommunicable diseases in the workplace through diet and physical activity. WHO/World Economic Forum report of a joint event, 2008.
- Creating an enabling environment for population-based salt reduction strategies. Report of a joint meeting held by WHO and the Food Standards Agency, United Kingdom, July 2010.
- Strategies to monitor and evaluate population sodium consumption and sources of sodium in the diet. Report of a joint technical meeting convened by WHO and the Government of Canada, October 2010.
- Salt reduction and iodine fortification strategies in public health. Report of a joint meeting convened by WHO and the George Institute for Global Health in collaboration with the International Council for the Control of Iodine Deficiency Disorders, Australia, March 2013
Fruit and vegetable promotion initiative. A meeting report, Geneva, 15-27 August 2003.
- Fruit and vegetables for health. Report of a joint FAO/WHO workshop, 1-3 September 2004, Kobe, Japan
- Population-based prevention strategies for childhood obesity: report of a WHO forum and technical meeting, Geneva, 15–17 December 2009. Geneva, World Health Organization, 2010
- Guideline: Sugars intake for adults and children
- Guideline: Sodium intake for adults and children
- Guideline: Potassium intake for adults and children
- Fact sheet on Healthy Diet, September 2015
- e-Library of Evidence for Nutrition Actions (eLENA)
- Global database on the Implementation of Nutrition Action (GINA)
- ICN2 Framework for Action
- Report of the Commission on Ending Childhood Obesity