WHO Global NCD Action Plan 2013-2020
Set of action plan indicators
In consultation with Member States and other relevant partners, the WHO Secretariat is developing a limited set of action plan indicators to inform reporting on progress of implementation of the WHO Global NCD Action Plan 2013-2020. A web-based consultation on a zero-draft limited set of action plan indicators started on 12 August 2013.
Paragraph 3.4. of resolution WHA66.10 requests WHO to:
- Develop, in consultation with Member States and other relevant partners, a limited set of action plan indicators to inform reporting on progress, which build on the work under way at regional and country levels, are based on feasibility, current availability of data, best available knowledge and evidence, are capable of application across the six objectives of the action plan, and minimize the reporting burden on Member States to assess progress made in 2016, 2018 and 2021 in the implementation of policy options for Member States, recommended actions for international partners, and actions for the Secretariat included in the action plan, and to submit the draft set of action plan indicators, through the Executive Board, to the Sixty-seventh World Health Assembly for approval.
The consultative process is as follows:
- 12 August 2013 to 8 November 2013 – Web-based consultation on the WHO Discussion Paper. Member States, United Nations organizations, relevant NGOs and selected private sector entities are invited to send their comments to firstname.lastname@example.org
- 14-15 November 2013 – Consultation with Member States (International Conference Centre Geneva) to complete the work on a draft limited set of action plan indicators
- 20-25 January 2014 – EB134 will consider a report of the Consultation
- 19-24 May 2014 – WHA67 will consider a report of the Consultation, along with the recommendations of EB134