Country profiles present the most recent epidemiological information on targeted diseases and chart progress in implementing preventive chemotherapy in the country. These profiles summarize the information needed by public health professionals for operational purposes involved in monitoring the progress of preventive chemotherapy on an annual basis. Both disease-specific information and integrated data are described.
In order to facilitate comparisons among countries, the profiles are based on a standardized template that includes:
- basic country data listing demographic details and situational analysis
- status of disease endemicity for lymphatic filariasis and onchocerciasis, and prevalence for soil-transmitted helminthiases, schistosomiasis and trachoma. The mapping is based on guidelines contained in the WHO manual on Preventive Chemotherapy in Human Helminthiasis
- recommended preventive chemotherapy strategy, based on algorithms in the Preventive Chemotherapy in Human Helminthiasis manual
- preventive chemotherapy implemented based on integrated geographical and programme coverage of mass drug administration (MDA)
- charts showing trend of national coverage.
- monitoring decline of disease endemicity
Download Country Profiles
Country Profiles for other WHO regions are being completed and will be published in due course.
- WHO Region of the Americas;
- WHO Eastern Mediterranean Region;
- WHO European Region;
- WHO South-East Asia Region;
- WHO Western Pacific Region;