Innovative and Intensified Disease Management (IDM)
- difficult and costly to manage – diagnosis, treatment and follow up;
- burden is poorly understood;
- lack of appropriate control tools;
- relatively lower investment in research and development;
- people affected often live in remote rural areas with limited access to diagnosis and treatment.
- To intensify disease management using existing tools.
- To encourage the rapid development and implementation of better control tools and to ensure the full involvement of national control programmes.
- To advocate for health service development in affected areas.