Lifting The Burden: the Global Campaign to reduce the burden of headache
Lifting The Burden is
a collaboration between the World Headache Alliance, the International Headache Society, the European Headache Federation and the World Health Organization
Lifting The Burden recognizes
- that headache disorders impose pain and disability on people throughout the world;
- that appropriate health care alleviates these burdens; and
- that these burdens persist worldwide because health systems that should provide this care fail to reach many who need it.
Lifting The Burden aims
- to raise awareness of these burdens and the associated global public-health imperative; and
- to devise and implement health-care solutions to these burdens worldwide.
Lifting The Burden believes
- that, in a world of scarce resources and competing priorities, the basis of the health-care solution for headache in most parts of the world is education.