Question 6: Is advice on physical activity better (more effective than/as safe as) than treatment as usual in adults with depressive episode/disorder with inactive lifestyles?
- Population: adults with depressive episode/disorder
- Interventions: advice on physical activity
- Comparison: treatment as usual
- symptom severity post intervention
- functioning post intervention
- symptom severity at 6 to 12 months follow-up
- adverse effects (including tolerability).
Advice on physical activity should be encouraged as part of treatment for adults with depressive episode/disorder with inactive lifestyles. In moderate and severe depression, this intervention should be considered as adjunct to antidepressants or brief structured psychological treatments.
Strength of recommendation: STANDARD