Question 5: Is relaxation training better (more effective than/as safe as) than treatment as usual in adults with depressive episode/disorder?
- Population: adults with depressive episode/disorder
- Interventions: relaxation training
- Comparison: treatment as usual
- symptom severity post intervention
- functioning post intervention
- symptom severity at 6 to 12 months follow-up
- adverse effects (including tolerability).
Relaxation training may be considered as treatment of adults with depressive episode/disorder. In moderate and severe depression, this intervention should be considered as adjunct to antidepressants or structured brief psychological treatments.
Strength of recommendation: STANDARD