Respite care for carers of people with dementia
Question 10: For carers of people with dementia, does respite care when compared to care as usual, produce benefits/harm in the specified outcomes?
- Population: caregivers/carers of people with dementia
- Interventions: respite care
- Comparison: no respite care
- caregiver strain/burden
- caregiver psychological distress and health
- caregiver quality of life
- caregiver social support
- caregiver physical health.
Where feasible, home based respite care may be encouraged for carers of people with dementia.
Strength of recommendation: STANDARD