Mental health

Pharmacological interventions for children with Disruptive Behaviour Disorders or Conduct Disorder or Oppositional Defiant Disorder



Pharmacological interventions (such as methylphenidate, lithium, carbamazepine and risperidone) should not be offered by non-specialized health care providers to treat Disruptive Behaviour Disorders (DBD), Conduct Disorder (CD), Oppositional Defiant Disorder (ODD) and comorbid Attention-Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD). For these conditions, the patients should be referred to specialist before prescribing any medicines.
Strength of recommendation: STRONG
Quality of evidence: LOW