Community based rehabilitation (CBR)
Question 4: Should community based rehabilitation (CBR) be offered to children with intellectual disabilities?
- Population: children with intellectual disabilities
- Interventions: community-based rehabilitation
- Comparison: care as usual
- functioning in school
- family functioning
- symptom reduction
- reduction of risky behaviour
- physical health
- user and family satisfaction
- adverse effects of treatment (as applicable).
Non-specialized health care providers should consider supporting, collaborating and facilitating referral to and from community based rehabilitation (CBR) programmes, if available, for care of persons with intellectual disabilities.
Strength of recommendation: STANDARD