Behaviour change techniques for promoting mental health
Question 13: What is the effectiveness of behaviour change techniques including life skills education in promoting mental health for children and adolescents?
- Population: primary or secondary school pupils
- Interventions: school-based interventions
- Comparison: curricular activities or different school-based interventions
- reduction in risk behaviour
- change in knowledge
- peer pressure resistance.
Non-specialized health care facilities should encourage and collaborate with school-based life skills education, if feasible, to promote mental health in children and adolescents.
Strength of recommendation: STANDARD