Pharmacological interventions for anxiety disorders in children and adolescents
Question 12: In children and adolescents with anxiety disorders what is the effectiveness and safety, considering system issues in low- and middle-income countries, of using pharmacological interventions in non-specialist settings?
- Population: children with anxiety disorders
- Interventions: pharmacological interventions
- Comparison: placebo
- symptom reduction
- overall performance at school
- family functioning
- adverse effects
- improvement in physical health
- user and family satisfaction
- reduction in risk behaviour.
Pharmacological interventions should not be considered in children and adolescents with anxiety disorders in non-specialist settings.
Strength of recommendation: STANDARD