WHO Congress on Traditional Medicine
Date: 7-9 November 2008
Place: Beijing, China
The use of traditional medicine has changed dramatically over the past 30 years, with a surge in use since the 1990s in both developing and developed countries.
In order to review countries' progress and to facilitate integration of traditional and complementary alternative medicine into national health systems, WHO is organizing the Congress on Traditional Medicine. The objectives are to:
- review the role of traditional medicine and associated practitioners in health care;
- review the progress of the countries in the field of traditional medicine;
- share information and experience of integrating traditional medicine into national health systems;
- share information on research, education, and practice of traditional medicine; and
- promote the proper use of traditional medicine.
The Ministry of Health and the State Administration of Traditional Medicine of China are co-sponsoring the event.