3rd International WHO Conference on Children's Health and the Environment
Date: 7-10 June 2009
Place: Busan, Republic of Korea
Advances on children's environmental health have been slow despite the availability of adequate tools and effective interventions. The 3rd WHO International Conference on Children's Health and the Environment aims at understanding the underlying causes for the slow progress. The focus, therefore, will be on how to move from research and knowledge to policy and action.
The conference topics will include:
- new epidemiological trends,
- the early origins of disease,
- the value of longitudinal cohort studies,
- intensified international and inter-agency collaboration, and
- enhanced training and education for health and other professionals.
The conference is being jointly hosted by the Ministry of Environment and Ministry for Health, Welfare And Family Affairs in Korea. WHO is organizing it with national and international partners engaged in preventing childhood diseases through healthy environments.