140th session of the Executive Board
Dates: 23 January–1 February 2017
Place: Geneva, Switzerland
The WHO Executive Board is composed of 34 Members technically qualified in the field of health. Members are elected for a 3-year term.
FOLLOW LIVE: Executive Board
The Executive Board will open at 09:30 on Monday 23 January 2017 and can be watched live via webcast. The discussions will be translated into the six UN official languages: Arabic, Chinese, English, French, Russian and Spanish.
During the meeting, WHO’s Executive Board will draw up a short list of 5 candidates on Tuesday 24 January. The following day the Executive Board members will then interview the five candidates and up to three of them to go forward to the World Health Assembly in May 2017.
Agenda and documents
- Antimicrobial resistance
- Poliomyelitis (polio)
- Health employment and economic growth
- Medicines and health products
- Global Vaccine Action Plan 2011–2020
- Noncommunicable diseases and their risk factors
- Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)
- Global Strategy for Women's, Children's and Adolescents' Health, 2016-2030