124th WHO Executive Board session
Date: 19-26 January 2009
Location: Geneva, Switzerland
The WHO Executive Board's 124th session took place in Geneva from 19 to 26 January 2009.
Among the issues on the agenda were:
- monitoring the achievements of the health-related Millennium Development Goals;
- recommendations of the Commission on Social Determinants of Health;
- agenda for action on primary health care;
- WHO's role and responsibilities in health research;
- draft code of practice on health personnel recruitment.
The Executive Board is composed of 34 members technically qualified in the field of health. Members are elected for three-year terms.
Building latrines and keeping water clean decreases diarrhoea and under-nutrition in Mali
Bangladesh “climate-proofs” to protect health
Ebola: Then and Now - Ian Norton
Ebola: Then and Now - Chris Dye
Clinics in Thailand target antibiotic-resistant gonorrhoea
What WHO does
How to stop antibiotic resistance? Here's a WHO prescription
World Prematurity Day
"Gone to the temple"
The cost of war