124th WHO Executive Board session
Date: 19-26 January 2009
Location: Geneva, Switzerland
The WHO Executive Board's 124th session took place in Geneva from 19 to 26 January 2009.
Among the issues on the agenda were:
- monitoring the achievements of the health-related Millennium Development Goals;
- recommendations of the Commission on Social Determinants of Health;
- agenda for action on primary health care;
- WHO's role and responsibilities in health research;
- draft code of practice on health personnel recruitment.
The Executive Board is composed of 34 members technically qualified in the field of health. Members are elected for three-year terms.
El Niño affects more than 60 million people
Looking, hopefully, towards an Ebola-free future
To X-ray or not to X-ray?
Austria: Measles in the spotlight
WHO Director-General visits Angola; urgent action needed to contain yellow fever outbreak