Saving mother's and children's lives
Produced in August 2011, this video highlights that every year, an estimated 360 000 women die in pregnancy and childbirth and around eight million children die before their fifth birthday. Millions can be saved if the right health care is available.
WHO's Department of Maternal, Newborn, Child and Adolescent Health:
- generates and collect the latest evidence;
- sets global standards;
- helps to make treatments more affordable and effective;
- provides guidance on delivering the best possible care;
- designs training materials to give health workers the skills they need; and
- helps countries to get the right policies and programmes in place, and monitor progress.
Help us to make sure that women and children everywhere enjoy their right to health.
Music in this video was kindly produced by Laurent Apffel/Lenz Music.