Technical updates of the guidelines on the IMCI
Evidence and recommendations for further adaptations
It is over seven years since IMCI has been introduced. During this period, the Department of Child and Adolescent Health and Development (CAH) and many WHO partners have continued to support work to evaluate the performance and increase the evidence base for the technical guidelines. The technical updates provided in this document reflect the results from this work, coming from new research findings and technical consultations.
The updates cover six areas:
- Antibiotic treatment of severe and non-severe pneumonia
- Low osmolarity ORS and antibiotic treatment for bloody diarrhoea
- Treatment of fever/malaria
- Treatment of ear infections
- Infant and young child feeding
- Treatment of helminthiasis
They are presented for consideration and use by countries whenever there are opportunities to revise their IMCI adaptations.
For further information, please, contact Dr Lulu Muhe at firstname.lastname@example.org.