Short and longer courses of study
Distance based learning
Find information about online courses and distance based learning at the following websites, or use the search engines and directories at the bottom of this page to find other options:
- University of the Western Cape, South Africa
or the School of Public Health webpage
- University of South Africa (UNISA)
- University of Philippines Open University Courses by distance learning include:
Master in Hospital Administration, Master of Public Management, Master of Public Health
- Univ. of Oxford E-learning Certification Programme in Global Health
- London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine or the Distance Learning webpage
- University of London - External System
- University of Edinburgh e-distance MSc programmes
- University of Liverpool online Masters programmes
- World Bank Institute (Health Systems)
- McGill University, Canada: International Masters for Health Leadership
Free Online Courses
- Institute of Health Management Research, Jaipur
E-Learning programs for executives in the health care sector.
- CDC Global Health
Sustainable Management Development Program Instruction materials on management capacity provided free of charge.
- Global Health E-Learning Center
32 Free online short courses: Human resources for health, M&E fundamentals, logistics for health commodities, HIV, and more.
- Johns Hopkins Univ. School of Public Health Free Online Courses Includes: Biostatistics, Public Health, Global Health and Health Policy, as well as age related and disease related courses.
- E-learning short courses at the Univ. of Albany School of Public Health
Free online courses: mostly related to emergency preparedness.
- Measuring Health Disparities Free Computer-based Course MHDID0806
A self-paced, interactive course which focuses on some basic issues for public health practice -- how to understand, define and measure health disparity.
Warning: Requires to download 65MB - takes 5 minutes to download with a high speed link.
The course can also be purchased in hard copy book and CD rom.
- Understanding Evidence-based Healthcare: A Foundation for Action - Free Online course
The United States Cochrane Center.
- ASInstitute Le premier site de formation à distance via internet, en français, dédié à la gestion des coûts, à la gestion financière et au controle de gestion des services de santé.
- UNDP Microfinance online course
Online courses requiring a fee
- Virtual Strategic Planning Program (VSPP) Management Sciences for Health (MSH), offers a seventeen-week Internet-based strategic planning program. Program participants work in teams to go through the four stages of strategic planning. Experienced strategic planning specialists facilitate the VSPP and provide support, feedback, and guidance to the program participants. The VSPP is designed for public and private sector health care organizations that want to develop a complete strategic plan for their organization. Experiences delivering the VSPP in Latin America and in Africa have shown that participation in the VSPP leads teams to develop high quality strategic plans that they then go on to link to their operational plans. The VSPP is available in English and Spanish. The registration fee is US $500 per team and up to 10 people on each team are allowed. For specific program questions and registration information, please contact the VSPP Team at email@example.com.
- The eLearning Centre - Management and Leadership Has around 200 courses on management and leadership. Courses cost €30 to €1,500 (Euros) and range in time from 1 to 300 hours.
- The Alibella eLearning Centre Has a wide range of courses in 15 languages, including Portuguese and Afrikaans. Courses range in time from 1 to 50 hours and cost between US$20 and US$2090.