Share and exchange
Do you have written policies, procedures, standards, guidelines or other tools related to management of health services that have been developed in your area that others might find useful?
To share items that have been developed and tested, and that you think could be used in other places, please complete the following form:
What are we looking for here?
A few examples of useful information to share:
- A statement or policy that clearly outlines the roles and responsibilities of different levels of the health system - not only in broad terms, but very specifically, for example, stating who is responsible for each function such as procurement of drugs
- A statement on the rules regarding access to services - not just broadly, but specifying what services are meant to be available to people in what locations, at what cost, or at no cost
- A policy or guideline on procurement of appropriate technology
- Documented procedure for competitive bidding for contracting services
- Documented procedure for identifying those who are to be exempt from charges
- Documented procedure for transparency and accountability to the community for how the health budget is spent
- A maintenance schedule for buildings, equipment and vehicles
- Standards regarding staffing numbers, mix and distribution
- Standards for patient privacy and maintenance of personal information
- Standards for quality and patient safety