Call for expressions of interest for Round 6 of the WHO Malaria Rapid Diagnostic Test Product Testing Programme
WHO, together with the Foundation for Innovative New Diagnostics (FIND), coordinates a global product testing programme for malaria rapid diagnostic tests (RDTs). The evaluation is undertaken at the Division of Parasitic Diseases and Malaria of the United States Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). Performance assessment is based on testing RDTs against a panel derived from a global specimen bank of cryo-preserved malaria parasite samples.
Five rounds of testing have been completed since 2008. Results for Round 5 are expected to be published in April 2014.
WHO is currently calling for expressions of interest in Round 6 of the WHO Product Testing Programme due to commence in May 2014. Requests for participation in Round 6 must be submitted to WHO by 7 February 2014.
Information concerning the programme and requirements for participation in Round 6 are provided in the documents below.
The list of annexes and forms includes:
- General information on programme and timelines
- Definition of a 'product' and 'lot'
- Requirements for resubmission: product list
- Internal heat stability protocol at manufacturing site
- Expression of interest
- WHO standard confidentiality and material transfer agreement
- Final product list
- Joint-submission and joint-listing of products