Links and resources
WHO regional websites - leprosy information
Several WHO regional offices have dedicated leprosy pages within their websites, or can be searched for information on leprosy in countries within the region.
- WHO African Region (leprosy pages)
- WHO Region of the Americas (leprosy pages)
- WHO South East Asia Region (leprosy pages)
- WHO European Region (main website)
- WHO Eastern Mediterranean Region (main website)
- WHO Western Pacific Region (leprosy pages)
Global project on the history of leprosy
The Global Project on the History of Leprosy is the initiative of the International Leprosy Association and the Wellcome Unit for the History of Medicine at the University of Oxford. The Project is developing a database of leprosy archives around the world, as a working tool for researchers who are interested in the modern history of leprosy, dating from 1847, when Danielssen and Boeck published Om Spedalskhed.