On 21 August 2016, the WHO Kobe Centre and the G7 Kobe Health Ministers' Meeting Promotion Council organized the first Hyogo-Kobe GLOBAL HEALTH High School Summit, with support from Japan’s Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare (MHLW).
At the Summit, about 450 participants discussed how high school students can contribute to global health through research presentations by six High Schools, an expert panel discussion, and 54 poster presentations.
The Hyogo-Kobe Global Health High School declaration developed and adopted by the high school students was presented to the WHO Director General, Dr Margaret Chan, at the end of an official WHO-MHLW side event for the G7 Health Ministers meeting on 10 September 2016.
Global Health Issues: Improving health and health security for the world
From Ise Shima Summit to the G7 Health Ministers’ Meeting in Kobe
Fight against Communicable Diseases
- Thinking about Global Health Governance @ Kobe & Hyogo -
- WKC Forum: Creating resilient society and community for ageing populations in disaster situations
- WKC Forum: Innovation for Ageing Populations – Enhancing adherence: medication and nutrition
- WKC Forum: Innovation for Ageing Populations – Addressing the challenges of frailty and disability –
WKC Forum: Innovation for Healthy Ageing
– Examples of current trends in research –
Suicide Prevention and Community Support
- WKC Forum “Control your blood pressure: for your healthy life” in commemoration of the World Health Day
World Health Day 2013
International Health Emergencies
"Stop tobacco industry interference"
– WHO Kobe Centre marked World No Tobacco Day with an open forum
World No Tobacco Day 2012
– Stop tobacco industry interference
World Health Day 2012 – Ageing and Health
- WKC Forum on Kaigo yobo interventions: the state of the art and future challenges in Japan
- Living a culture of disaster resilience at all levels
- The challenge to protect the health of 1.6 billion people
Depression nearly tripled in Japan over last decade
Japan the oldest society in history: forum
Smoke-free champion shares story on 50% reduction of street smoking in Shizuoka