Pandemic Influenza Risk Management
WHO Interim Guidance
This interim guidance replaces the 2009 Pandemic Influenza Preparedness and Response: a WHO guidance document.
Key highlights include the following:
- Focus upon risk assessment at national level to guide national level actions
- Revised approach to global phases
- Flexibility through uncoupling of national actions from global phases
- Inclusion of principles of emergency risk management for health
- New and updated annexes on planning assumptions, ethical considerations, whole-of-society approach, business continuity planning, representative parameters for core severity indicators, and containment measures.
The guidance has been released in this interim form in order to support the risk management of pandemic threats, at the request of Member States.