Call for nominations for SAGE Working Group on hepatitis E vaccine
The Working Group will be asked to review the evidence with respect to the following questions/issues and to propose recommendations for review by SAGE. This will lead to the publication of a WHO vaccine position paper on the use of hepatitis E. The target date of the publication of the position paper is early 2015.
- Review data regarding the global prevalence and burden of disease caused by hepatitis E virus infection.
- Review issues related to hepatitis E surveillance
- Review existing data on the safety, immunogenicity, efficacy, and cost-effectiveness of the licensed hepatitis E vaccine
- Review the hepatitis E vaccine pipeline.
- Identify potential indications and uses for the hepatitis E vaccine in the context of other hepatitis E preventive, control and treatment strategies/tools
- Provide draft recommendations on the potential use of hepatitis E vaccine.
- To summarize existing evidence on the burden of hepatitis E and on the safety, immunogenicity, efficacy, and cost-effectiveness of the licensed hepatitis E vaccine.
- To provide SAGE with summaries and analyses needed to support its discussion and recommendation process.
- Expertise in hepatitis E epidemiology and control strategies
- Hepatitis E virologist
- Expertise in immunogenicity, efficacy and safety of available vaccine
- Program management
Proposals for nominations should be sent by email to email@example.com with Curriculum Vitae, indication of expertise and a completed declaration of interest form no later than Monday 9 September 2013.